Thursday, December 4, 2008

step one

The title of this blog is lifted from a phrase that one of my running heroes once said. Actually, he said this me during the final stretch of a half-marathon course several years ago before we had even officially met. A friend of mine and I were running this race together, obviously more for the experience than time, and she was having some IT band issues that caused us to run, stop, stretch, and walk, then run, stop, stretch, and walk. As we're nearing the final mile, said hero is jauntily running upon us as we're in a 'walking' phase, and he looks at me with that big smile and says "come run a few steps with me." And we did....



Sadly, I won't be able to run anymore steps with him as we've just had his memorial service. So begins the run without Jack.

No comments: